Wednesday, August 8, 2007


If there are five Sundays in a month then our church will have a potluck supper on that Sunday. That's why we call it Fifth Sunday Potluck. I've missed the last couple of potlucks due to being in Nebraska or somewhere else. But this last July there was a potluck Sunday and I made my old time favorite, Four Layer Dessert! The recipe is as follows.


1st layer
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup softened butter

  • 1/2 cup pecans

Combine, add ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pat in 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 min. at 325.

2nd layer

  • 1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese, softened

  • 1 cup powdered sugar

  • 1 cup Cool Whip

Mix ingredients together and spread on top of first layer-chill thoroughly.

3rd layer


  • 2 packages instant pudding mix(vanilla+chocolate)

  • 3 cups milk

Mix together and beat till thick. Pour over top of second layer. Chill again.

4th layer

Top with more Cool Whip and pecans(crushed), chill.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I was going to leave you a comment, but first I have to wipe the slobber off my computer, this sounds so yummy. :o)

Azimuth-Solar said...

Wow! It sounds great, but if I ate very many helpings of that dish, I'd probably weigh about 600 pounds. But you youngsters can handle it better, because your metabolism is faster.

Can you make a Low Cal version of it? I guess that wouldn't be as tasty, would it?

-Uncle Allen