My mom and I(Ben) were looking at Rachael Ray's website, and under snacks we found popcorn. This wasn't just microwave popcorn but popcorn done on the stove top. My mom told me about her childhood when that was common and also she talked about shaking the pot. That night I was hungry and asked my mom if I could make this tasty snack; she said yes!
The recipe for this delish snack is as proceeds.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- salt, or whatever seasoning you like
- Pour the oil into a dutch oven
- Turn burner to medium heat
- Once oil is hot add kernels and cover it with the lid
- Once popping occurs shake pan vigorously till all kernels are popped
- Pour into a bowl and season to taste!